Cliff Bleszinski talks Lawbreakers_ retirement_ Xbox's failings_ and what he hates about Overwatch - Part 2

 It has some of that DNA and pace, but it's one of those things that I've gone back to and you know I played the original Unreal Tournament, still classic, still proud of everything we've done Okay, I think you're going to get the tremendous depth of the maps and the community and the new modes that are coming out and everything else, but you know you're the weapon you pick up in a game like this, that's that Biggest thing to keep in mind about speed, so I wanted to have the speed of these types of games but with the depth that a gamer expects from a modern game that has games like MOBAs and Overwatch and all these other titles now have abilities where, as you know, you take the map depth and transfer it to the player in character. When the game is going well, you just keep coming out with new stuff and shuffling the balance and hopefully keeping the community happy you think the balance will be like when you first start that bad boy. I think it's really going to be a train wreck Not even using another gun yeah and so we're like crap no one noticed and there's going to be things that people will find that we think we do game balanced pretty well until we get into the hands of hundreds of thousands and hopefully we won't know billions of people so I'll say I played the assassin on their boots in my Let's talk about game mode. Yes, yes, Blitzball your goal and I played Assassin and that feels strong. yes, good Review. I learned all here we have this event like you play blitzball you need someone who is a juggernaut currently two people on defense yeah because all g is oing to take is the wraith to slide slide young base or elastin and before you know what they have the ball boom and before you know your team connects the team being bowled

So it's Blitzballs, a great mode, the ball is voiced by Justin Roiland, by the way, a brick and mortar claim, okay, I'm not, you're pretty strong, that's right, and just hearing Amber is like the highlight of my daytime show um but you really need to coordinate with your team in this mode ok well i mean watch at a very high level what do you like if someone asked you what if you like law breakers playing what would you say what a feeling you are trying to create in the player During this experience it feels like a mix of all the Matrix meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon fantasies with the hallway fight scene is okay from the start , automatic oh not on mac right so I booted it up right one of the great things you have For me it's incredibly refreshing to be working on a first person game with that kind of flow again, because back then when i was working on the gears wiki we got gears to stop and pop that now at 30fps it's not very vertical are like giving 144fps gives me that sense of flow even the core movement of the game. I went back and looked at why team fortress 2 and this quake code looks so good when you play tf2 stop moving and gliding kinda the same with how sticky the walls are is one of those things , which I made sure one of our programmers went through on purpose so that you can't stop at the wall unless you're completely perpendicular to it, if you hit it at a slight angle just slide through the whole world to make the whole world feels like butter and you flow through it which is why i never want to completely stop the player because i'm driving myself crazy show hi i'm just a bit on another topic of a lake i'm only interested in when you're playing then you're pretty good. i played it I played it at PAX. What do you think? Notice, but you know they have the dilemma of the innovators quake, where you know if they change too much, the classic quake fans will say you ruined it, but if they don't add enough to attract new players bringing to the table they may only appeal to the old folks, and so you end up with a smaller fan base and quake is legendary, it's that moment full of places it moves

is still better than what our alternate move was but umm the abilities kinda fell in half it's like either abilities do or don't you know I hear that so um maybe we can go over some specifics talking about release You know, yeah, obviously lawbreakers, we talked about being able to play for free. The announcement was Clippers. Yeah back he makes a great shooter you know an exon doesn't just have to make Cartwright or Maplestory, he can make western games by collaborating with guys like us. Free-to-play Play there, there are good free-to-play games, league of legends, etc., but I just have that it's so hard to fight the slippery slide into the run-down town, and then is Really realized I wanted to be more Disneyland or Disney World Las Vegas m Here you are leaving Las Vegas hung over broke what have I done oh my god I can't believe I made that 4am call while you're leaving Disney and you're tired but you're elated happy and you feel like sane that's what we really wanted to push with a price point of $29.99 ok so great they apply to the UNITED STATES. half the price of a regular game so there are any microtransactions within this model boat, we haven't gone into too much detail as to what they will be but it will be cosmetically ok so not at all people aren't familiar with that kind of Game to play in relation to a soft currency. Get a stash drop. You know it's rare, there's the ultra-rare Mega Rare and things like that, and we found that the power of cosmetics in the game is really interesting because you look at that ego weapon, you can see your ego legs , and when you actually get a different coat of paint or get upgraded to some really crazy armor, you see in the world it's really almost like collecting GI Joes or dolls or something and so for me the trend with the $29.99 I kept seeing these games come out which were multiplayer games somewhat similar to us that went for $60. and i'm like sitting

Here go my spidey senses, yeah I mean I've seen the um evolve do it even you might be overwhelmed. Actually I lived for about 40 on PC but there was a $60 edition and it's always multiplier games. I think gamers aren't dumb. They can smell value so we're the seedy underdog, because Overwatch is such a big phenomenon this genre has become something where we basically make a great impulse buy and then hopefully people try to try and hopefully they will like it and then stay around for the community and maybe you know throw a little bit of me and some staff drop the show so tell me a lot of people, of those You know they don't buy a game that has a single player mode, you know, I know, but what has been proven is that's not a way to think what people are going to buy anymore, but what would you say to someone who likes 92 is in single player? Oh, I'm not interested. I mean try us. Maybe we'll do an open beta at someday okay and then maybe we'll convince you but I mean it's a giant like a gener If you're a gamer who says it's like I'm not buying a campaign I think the reason many players say i don't buy campaign is the price 60 dollars like you charge me 60 dollars they better give me campaign and co-op multiplayer. Hopefully undercutting the price will soften the blow a bit for those who really want to campaign safely. The other thing is you did a little presentation at the beginning where you talked about basics you know powerpoint let's rap it was great with great um there was a line that came through quite a bit it was sent, there yes, right, so tell me what this line means in the context of all breakers. Yeah, well, the game is such a display type of vertical violence, as you know, if you get shot at, it's probably coming from above, and the force of the shooting rains hell on someone below, like shooting ducks in a barrel, never gets old, especially in this game, but it's one of those things, like we wanted to be a real skill shooter that you know wanted to make sure you know our latency when playing online is very, very low

We want to make sure that players who are really, really good are matched with other players who have similar skills. My whole MO is when we come out of here and say we're going to be good as we need to hit back at it with really good matchmaking and so Ramon our lead programmer actually adapted some sort of background matchmaking so we got that Players looked at and how many wins they had in the betas and players only have a 20-30% win rate and ideally you want to get that to 50/50, the classic, some win some lose yeah so let's hope that for the next beta we're actually going to have these kinds of numbers that are a little bit better, only nobody likes a blowout as it might seem funny at the time, but nowadays you get bored, pretty people, yes, even in everyone sport as you know. I'm an American football fan. The New Orleans Saints. I want the Saints to win, but I like drama. The same goes for the game bones with us. Game modes aren't just the typical CTF, they always have what we call a marketing term, but buzzer-beater moments that the enemy team can steal at the last minute, or they can collect and come from behind and that's what creates a drama that maybe one day eSports who knows I know the eSports questions come up well I mean I would ask Ganassi except you talked about it beforehand when we were on stage but let's just be alright anyway, eSports what's the plan is it like we're seeing what the community is doing what I was doing I alluded to earlier that this coming from the community and creating a compelling game that people want to stick with and then see if you can make the leap. I've seen so many games come out and like, oh here's our new game and here's our league we're doing and we're doubling that and how you need to improve something that people want to come back and play your damn game, but like not putting the cart before the horse It's like I've seen other IPs where the ga me hasn't even started yet and they're trying to like you know this isn't an esports thing it's a IP related thing but we will make a movie out of it

You don't even know if your games are good or maybe someone is, let's make the game sticky first, so calm down everyone, walk before you run, so maybe you know it's eSports as you know damn now you know the community is going to decide the community is going to figure out what game mode they like. They will figure out which card they want. You'll find out how to reconfigure the game with our custom game to let us know how we screwed up the game types, and that's where it really comes from. I think there is one area that really intrigues me and that is community right quake and unreal just have these like resilient communities living forever yeah what have you seen? that you like what you can take away from these communities and or what you could invest from this idea in law breakers what you learn from the incredible community that survive forever we are trying to replicate that here listen don't ignore them . I made the mistake with the Gears franchise of forcing people to be like no. They should take cover and use the chainsaw if they're like no they say yes now and like hugging you know i always say this game started as my baby who got into the company of a teenager and then the adult the community, and you listen to them, you can't listen to the mama time, because sometimes they know best sometimes they don't know but just have a dialogue i can't remember the name of the game right now is maybe a Liter as one of the space games where they have a summit literally every year that they take with their top community influence their menu yes that's right they didn't come for a summit and like even if they don't on hear everything, just the gesture alone is enough, and you know I'd rather have someone on our forums saying Cliff Bleszinski I hate you, you can't believe they're changing the roamers than not posting at all , as if the difference is not what you want it's very true so obviously it's coming to pc it's coming to playstation we don't know the release date but it comes the release date well it's warm when it's nice is warm and but it doesn't depend on the xbox that much

When I made a post on Twitter a lot of people were very disappointed that Xbox fanboys are mean, they're very very me but never like this generation treated pretty badly. They say oh you know we're the biggest community ever and they're a jerk do you like that haha ​​but if you take what they want from them I mean I feel like it's like destiny for example xbox fans to be treated really badly for a long time, what's the deal with 30 frames? per second for that, well, that's it, but that's on both things anyway, but what's the deal with the wine fair? I'm not a marriage-destroying business, and it's one of those things that we really can only do. We looked at the install base Connect you know enforcing the always online in a bad way you know always online was suggested as a late registration fee as opposed to an early registration discount. Everyone is always online now anyway, but for some reason they've taken the brunt of that right, so we can't rule it out. We can still do an Xbox version, but we have to get those two versions out first, so you definitely haven't planned for the other size to be what you would like to do but it's not planned at the moment let's all focus on that yes how let's look at our meal in front of us before moving on to a possible dessert. I mean, as a business person and business owner, it's in my best interest to have this on everything I can write, but I only have so many resources to do this wedge room. So if we do an Xbox version at some point, maybe it'll be a version because more stuff that you know is enhanced for Xbox and then we're on stage like it's hey you know, that we could think about it

it, but nothing at the moment, so it's 60 FPS on console. I'm Pierre so it's obvious what XPS you can run on your rig on the upcoming one on your desktop. Tell me it's a dedicated service. yeah ok both pc and ps4 yeah pretty awesome yeah there's one of those things they're testing right now because hopefully we'll have a good issue with the next beta and over bazillion people want to play it and our friends pretty painfully found out on friday the 13th yeah that's pretty lucky alright i mean you walk around on the dark side of the moon that's a bit apollo 13 stuff yeah we are you know , I think we've got a bunch of wizards as networking years that's like their server load tests non-stop you know 75,000 at a time a hundred and fifty thousand who knows what it will be but you just walk before you run it's easy but it is um just be prepared and you know hopefully fingers crossed and what about the eddie treatment next has a solution that works pretty well for them that we are implementing? I just don't understand I don't understand why people do this larry it's just me you know why people jay they know why let's see you can bulletproof a game to make dick-dick- preventing behavior in the game but they'll still find a way around that and there's 3rd party vendors that like to sell chiefs and like aimbots and things like that like they're the real dicks and you know he's the human kidding nature for just trying to be like I'm wondering if there's any better way I can graph the system but I was, as you know, visiting my nephew, he was about 12 when he was one of those shit talkers who DD kids were called and he had his xbox controller which is one of those modified like a pete by yeah yeah but I'm on my fire and yeah ok really dude that absolutely came ely so Yes

Hopefully we're doing everything we can to prevent it. You can't prevent it completely. All you can do is try to bulletproof your stuff so the community has a chance to report people as well and have some dedicated people review those reports and hopefully get you going cheating in another game, not code , don't make me all nice, so no word on the open beta. I'm not sure if I can talk about it ok so it's the only way we will certainly get one although we would love to do that ok I'd love to do a beta on the PlayStation 4 too ok and juggling eight million things and hurting all the cats for sure ok so follow beta news coming release date coming what do we hear about easter what's new what are the new announcements here this week so we're showing Uplink this is a new game tape it's kind of like our old overcharge mode but basically the bases are charging themselves because we have some feedback from overcharge as i don't like the fact that as i charge this battery all the time and they come back and they just steal the damn thing from yeah that happened to me the game that creates drama it's very exciting but the team wins without releasing the losses so this is kind of a concession un d we didn't want to throw out an overload so we did Uplink. We're also showing a little more Blitzball again. We're showing a new map of where to go, which is sort of our worlds for this game, as well as what I would. Let's not say definitive but the last class of shipping the harrier so you have barren and sunshine on both sides and they are literal characters that have laser shoes and eat you type if you can like almost magnetic things like yeah, just ski the trunk across the map like skiing and then they both have this energy source in the middle and their ultimate is like the care bear gaze where they just don't melt everyone from the huge laser and then they also have a little bit of support, where they can throw out on their

I'm kind of a health regeneration station, but it also annoys your fuel. So if you know some Vanguard are flying by and they're running out of juice, you know they can carry them, they can throw that down. I go through your fuel back is the back slot I find when using this character I get halfway across the map and run out of juice in the enemy base then a few seconds later reply for a teammate, so ok so that's coming this week we're going to announce last time again it's making some of that exciting today so we're announcing that when you can preorder the game week ok cool by the way we're launching interrupts yeah I had to pay for a countdown no no thats really all the characters in caps all cosmetic ok cool i think well man look i like i said i played the game a while ago and i was lukewarm about it i played it today and i really like it it doesnt do much more Fun to hear people out and the way no one said the noise above it goes up at least a few hours was great so I think it's quite a Dance fun is you can't fake it, yes it's one of those. There's just a lot of entertainment to be had in 2017 and beyond. I just hope people just give us a try and I hope the price and a possible open beta will help spin it for sure guys pierzynski right here and outlaws coming out very soon we don't know when but it can't be far, thanks for watching and see you next time

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Risk Of Rain 2 Is As Excellent As Everybody Says It Is (Review) -

Destiny 2's Biggest Changes (Part 2)- Matchmaking & Clans...finally. - Part 1

Rainbow Six Extraction really_ really blows (Review) - Part 1